Wednesday, October 16, 2002

Wherefore art thou?

During my time back in school, the class I've been enjoying the most by far is English. Unlike math, it's not a huge stretch to come up with responses and other work that matches the level of a 15-year-old. And it's something I'm reasonably interested in.

Right now we're studying Romeo and Juliet. No matter how tough I found Shakespeare back in the day, it's something that definitely makes more sense than anything else that's been thrown at me in the last month. I think being older I can appreciate it more and it's just a refreshing change of pace.

So next week we're doing scene presentations, and we didn't get to choose our partners or our scenes. I ended up paired with Dave Vanvoorten, a jock who towers over me. He's the kind of guy who was always dating one or another of the hotter girls in school, and he doesn't strike me as much of an actor or a reader. We were also assigned Act I Scene v, which if you remember the play, is where Romeo and Juliet first meet and start slobbering all over each other.

Should be... fun.

Again, I have to wonder why I'm here, just to do old homework assignments and put myself through the humiliation of walking the halls of high school again? I get it, my life in 2016 wasn't so bad but come on... it's going on a month now, this is getting ridiculous.

No comments:

Post a Comment