Thursday, October 17, 2002

Try out... you might like it

As if I didn't have enough going on, Erika convinced me to try out for the volleyball team tomorrow.

If you had asked me beforehand, I would have said absolutely 0% chance I would have tried out for any sports teams or any kinds of clubs at all while I was here. Who needs the aggravation? Why can't I just drift through like I've been doing and not put in any effort?

But Erika was insistent. This was "our thing" and virtually the whole basis of our friendship since intramurals back in grade 6. If I didn't try out, we would hardly see each other for the rest of the season. and Erica, along with Alicia, has really been my saving grace these past few weeks. I owe it to her, and to myself.

Besides, it occurs to me that drifting through high school is kind of what I did the first time, and where did it get me? Back here.

Just... don't expect me to be any good.


Now... where's my sports bra?

No comments:

Post a Comment